Events in Malta: Mellieha Local Council presents …
Mellieha Nights 2011
One of the most atmospheric events in Malta, this festival spans over 3 days and in 2011, it will be held on the 9th, 10th and 11th of September.
The charming village of Mellieha is once again hosting Mellieha Nights. This yearly festival has grown in popularity year after year, and for good reason too!
Focusing on various diverse aspects such as Arts, Culture, History, Sports and Culinary Art, this 3 day-event starts on the day that follows the popular Our Lady of Victories festa.
The main streets of the village literally come alive and are transformed into a pedestrian area where visitors to this popular event can enjoy a wonderful, festive atmosphere.
What you’ll experience during Mellieha Nights
- various restaurants extending their remits to serve delicious food on tables, placed literally in the middle of the streets. This gives visitors to this event, the ability to really savor the unique characteristics of the village … not to mention the tasty food that makes you want to go back for more!
- static car displays and exhibitions
- motor car shows
- various sports activities in Parish Square
- open air art galleries in Sanctuary Square
- open air crafts in Sanctuary Square
- music … and lots of it! Artists from Malta and all over Europe will perform in various locations in Mellieha throughout the festival.
- local farmers and shepherds proudly exhibiting their fresh produce.
- much more!
Entry to this wonderful atmospheric festival is FREE. Parking is not a problem. This year a park and ride scheme will be introduced as well.
If your visit coincides with the days of this festival, then this is one Maltese event that you should definitely go to!
Dine al fresco in the beautiful streets of the village, gaze in awe at wonderful and creative Maltese crafts, see various exhibitions and displays and above all experience first hand the many capabilities and talents of the Melliehin (residents of Mellieha) and the Maltese people in general.
Dates: 9 - 10 - 11 September 2011
Time: Activities start at around 7.00pm each night
Getting there: Visit www.arriva.com.mt for info on the best bus routes to take to get to Mellieha.
Contact: If you’d like more information on this interesting 3-day event in Mellieha, contact the local council on Tel. No. ++356 21 521333 or send them an email at email@example.com.