AirMalta: Malta’s National Airline

Now offering cheap Malta direct flights ...

AirMalta was established in 1973. Starting its operations with just two Boeing 720Bs, the airline initially served only Rome, Tripoli, London, Manchester, Paris and Frankfurt.


airmalta fleet


Malta’s national airline has gone through a period of immense growth over the past two decades. Nowadays it flies to some 36 destinations and currently its fleet is made up of 12 aircraft.

Its safety track record is excellent and in 2006, a study concluded that Air Malta loses the least amount of passenger baggage (4.1 baggage missing per 1000 passengers).

The Maltese government owns 98% of Air Malta plc while the remaining 2% is owned by private investors. Today, the airline employs over 1,500 staff.


Looking for budget flights to Malta?

Try out our quick and easy flights search below. Just type in the details and click “Find Flights”.

It’s very simple and you’ll get the results of the cheapest flights to Malta from ALL airlines in seconds.

Compare prices and see which flight is the best deal for you.

Find cheap flights to Malta here …


Currently, Air Malta is going through a massive restructuring and consolidation programme. It is hoped that following this intensive restructuring exercise, in 2012 Malta's national airline will come out even stronger and more competitive than it was before.

Although there are various airlines that you can choose to get to the Maltese Islands, Air Malta is the main airline that offers the largest choice of services to get to the islands.


Search this site


Return from AirMalta to Flights to Malta page

Return from Air Malta to MaltaBulb: Your Malta Holidays Travel Guide home page

Privacy Policy| Disclaimer

Got questions? Feedback? Leave us a comment in the box below.

Carry a piece of Malta with you wherever you go.

Lovely Maltese cross purse charm handcrafted in Malta by a Maltese artisan.

Get yours TODAY by clicking on the image below. LIMITED EDITION! Exclusive to MaltaBulb.

Only 12 Euros.

Worldwide Shipping.

maltese cross purse charm and keychain





Email

Name

Then

Sign up for our FREE newsletter.

No Spam. Ever.